Friday, November 25, 2011

Tier ! Direct Instruction: The Historical Method



Response to Tier One of the Historical Method.

The best way I can show my understanding of the hand out is by explaining how I put it into practice. When teaching about the first inhabitants in the Americas, I made a timeline which the students also made. We also did SPEC activities for the different groups of people. This lends to the main idea and understanding of the people of the time. We also had a discussion comparing the past to the present using the SPEC format. I also checked prior knowledge and filled any  gaps. For example: Defining B.C. and A.D. I also have a packet which is set up for students to write down important sequential events and facts. So far the students are engaged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment